Have you ever seen those cool videos of sand being blasted off a rock to reveal the beautiful gemstone hidden underneath? If you’re like me, your first thought was “I want one of those!”.
Turns out, you can actually buy your own sandblaster! Not only are they great for revealing gems and minerals, but they can also be used for art projects, cleaning rusty tools, or even removing paint.
Before you go out and buy one, though, there are a few things you need to know. In this blog post, I’ll give you a quick overview of sandblasters so that you can decide if one is right for you.
Top 10 Best Sandblasters On The Market (Our Picks)
Let’s go and discover the features embedded in each item on the list to give a better idea of why it’s worth mentioning.
VEVOR 10 Gallon/40L Sandblaster Equipped with Nozzle Shut-Off Valve Pressure Gauge Ceramic Nozzle 2.5m Hose Filling Funnel Watertrap 6" Rubber Wheels Grit Blasting Blast Sandblasting
$125.99 in stock
- Steel Construction: Made from quality steel plate after fine welding, this machine is robust, durable, pressure-resistant without deformation.
- Stable Performance: Precise pressure gauge for checking air pressure. 75-litre tank size meets higher blasting requirements. Delivers 30% more blasting power than siphon units.
- Flexible Movement: Fixed wheels for easy mobility, suitable for outdoor operation. A long of 2.5 m hose lets you get into hard-to-reach places while working.
- Ergonomic Design: Feeding valve for convenient charging; Non-slip handrail and fixed feet have a higher safety factor.
- Wide Application: Offering the perfect solution for removing oxidation, paint, and rust for electromechanical equipment and steel members.
LE LEMATEC Sand Blaster Gun Kit, Rust Remover and Paint Stripper, Continuous Blasting Sandblasting Equipment. AS118-2 Media Blaster
$70.69 in stock
- The AS118-2 Premium Sandblaster Gun Kit operates at 90 PSI-150 PSI and Air flow of 12 CFM at 100 PSI. Please note that we are rolling out a new feature to replace the steel tips. Over the next few months, you may receive this Sandblaster kit with the improved Ceramic Tip not the Steel tip.
- The Sandblaster features a media compartment that supports most blasting materials from aluminum oxide to coal slag and much more.
- The AS118-2 Sandblaster Gun Kit features siphon function with 2 control regulators making larger projects a breeze.
- Use as a Soda Blaster for glass etching and all your DIY projects.
- Make Automotive Work Quick and Easy such as Engine Block cleaning, Frame Rust Removal, and much more with this Sandblasting Gun.
LE LEMATEC Portable Sandblaster Gun Kit – Includes Connector, Blasting Tip, & Media Mesh Filter – For Cleaning Rust, Dirt, Paint, & Glass Etching DIY Projects.
1 used from $27.50
- Turn your trash into treasure with the Sandblaster Gun Kit. This amazing tool supports unlimited media types making it a versatile tool for any home or shop.
- Save Time With The Sandblaster. Stop struggling with old, outdated tools. The Sandblaster is here to help you take care of business quickly and easily. Whether you're removing rust, cleaning pool tiles, or etching glass, this powerful tool will make the job a breeze.
- LE LEMATEC Portable Sandblaster is constructed from the highest quality standards and materials by an American owned and operated business. Feel good for supporting your country.
- Outstanding Durability, Ceramic tips are known for their durability, making them a better option than steel tips that can easily break. Save yourself the hassle and frustration of constantly replacing tips with this sandblaster gun kit.
- Strong Media Suction gives you more power and speed saving you valuable time when using our soda blaster. Complete with a fully adjustable control valve which allows for precise media regulation saving you from wasting media.
Shop Fox M1114 Benchtop Sandblaster
1 used from $258.16
- Access Doors: (2) 16-Inch wide
- Window: 9-Inch by 10-3/4-Inch
- Abrasive Capacity: 10-Pound
- Air pressure requirement: 60-100 psi
- Overall size: 24-1/2-Inch by 21-1/8-Inch by 19-1/2-Inch
Selkie Pressure Washer Sandblasting Kit - Wet Abrasive Sandblaster Attachment, with Replacement Nozzle Tips,Protect Glasses, 1/4 Inch Quick Disconnect, 5000 PSI
$32.99 in stock
- ✨【Selkie SANDBLASTING GUN】: Selkie wet sandblasting kit provides an alternative to traditional sandblasting. They are great at removing rust, paint, stains or any unwanted material. Plus, they don’t create dust like a traditional sandblaster. Easily prepare and clean stubborn materials from any type of irregular surface.
- ⚒ 【SPECIFICATIONS】: The sand blasting gun features a goggle, 10 feet hose, 16 inch pressure washer wand (water input), 17 inch sand wand (sand input), four hose clamps and extra two replacement ceramic nozzle kits.
- ✨ 【IDEAL SANDBLASTING GUN】: These kits are easy-to-use, Quick Connect Inlet to Gun，Individual Replacement Parts Available，Max Pressure Rating 5000 PSI，Max Flow Rating 8 GPM3000 PSI @ 4 GPM or Greater，Temperature is up to 140ºF/60ºC，stable characteristics.
- ⚒ 【VARIETY OF APPLICATIONS】: Designed to blow dust, water, and cleaning abrasives to remove rust, paint, scale, and other stubborn materials from various surfaces; Clean off your machinery and engine compartments or clear your driveway and barn doors of debris with one of these sand blasting guns.
- ✨ 【BUILT TO LAST】: Built for durability, strength, and longevity, this portable sand blaster gun kit is made of premium materials that prevent rust and corrosion; The chrome plated gun is durable and is compatible with the copper nozzle fittings and pick-up tube; A small 1/4-inch NPT inlet connects to the heavy-duty rubber hose; Perfect tool kit for cleaning automotive parts.
LE LEMATEC Sand Blaster Gun Kit, Rust and Paint Remover, Pool Cleaning Sandblasting Equipment. Sandblaster Kit AS118 Black
$30.87 in stock
- The AS118 Sandblaster is the perfect tool for any job. This gun kit removes rust, paint, and cleans all sorts of surfaces - from wheels to BBQ grills! It can even etch glass with ease. One Tool Many Jobs
- The LE LEMATEC Sand Blaster is the most versatile tool you'll ever own. With its unlimited blasting media types, it can take on any job you need done. Just Blast It.
- Reduce Your Working Time Significantly. Our large suction Hopper make our sandblasters the most powerful on the market. Spend less time working and more time enjoying your life!
- Reliable Quality. Our products are American Owned and Operated with manufacturing under the most stringent conditions. You can trust that your Media Blasters will always deliver high quality results.
- The Sandblaster Gun Kits are the perfect addition to your home workshop! Operating between 90-150 PSI, these guns give you the flexibility to work with a variety of materials.
Sandblaster Gun Kit, AMTOVL Sandblaster + Sand Suction Pipe+ Ceramic Nozzles + Extra Iron Nozzle Tip Set for Abrasive Sand Blasting Derusting
- 【High Quality】 Made of durable aluminum, the blaster with high quality and delicate components ensure the continuous flow of blasting material
- 【Multi-purpose Design】Designed for efficient sandblasting liquid and air cleaning of parts and surfaces can be used for sand glass,sandblasting,surface polishing processing,machinery parts
- 【Wide Application】Ideal to clean metal rims on car wheels, remove rust from fences, refurbish external brickwork, glass, aluminum alloy and other decorative surface sandblasting etc
- 【5 Pcs Nozzle】Steel Nozzle x 2, Ceramic Nozzle x 1, Iron Nozzle x 2
- 【Durable Product】Good performance, strong wear resistance, long life and high efficiency
Aries Outlets 50W Lab Equipment Twin Double Pen Fine Sandblaster Sand Blaster
- It has a large window, and the twin-pen can be used to polish materials of different hardness.
- Fine Blasting Units is used to polish the surface of porcelain crowns, it is a necessary lab equipment.
- The advantages are: strong sandblasting power, smooth and accurate operations, and it is easy to repair.
- This sandblaster is a necessary tool in lab Use.
- The transparent bottles enable users to observe the state of the sand during the sandblasting process.
CKLT Sand Blasting Hood Cap, Canvas Shawl Sandblaster Protective Gear Mask Anti-dust Hood for Spraying Sanding Cutting, DIY Painting Woodworking Protection
- Magic Sticky Design : Removable lens frame ,Convenient to replace the glass.In front of the perspective is curved glass,wide field of vision
- Sound Device : The mask has the receiver on each side.In the case of full seal, you can hear the outside sound clearly.
- Vent Design : with breathing valve for smoother breathing,Breathable, light weight, comfortable to wear,make sure that it does not affect breathing during long working hours
- Shawl Elastic Design: Effectively prevent dust and fine dust from entering,avoid dust hazards,Perfect for use in industries such as fertilizer plants, cement factories, and anywhere dust is generated
- Professional Grade Anti-dust Hood: Suitable for Protective splash stones,Anti Wind ,Polishing,sand blasting,painting,dusting,cement packing,grinding
Wogoboo Sandblaster Kit Abrasive Sand Blasting Gun Spray Gun Rust Remove with Air Quick Adapter for Sandblast Cabinets
- Multi-purpose Designed for ideal efficient sandblasting,high pressure liquid and air cleaning of parts and surfaces
- Suitable for cleaning metal rims on car wheels,removing rust from fences,refurbishing external brickwork,glass,aluminum alloy and other decorative surface sandblasting etc.
- Cast aluminum pistol handle ensures comfortable grip and long time use
- High quality and fine made parts assures uninterrupted flow of blasting material
- Package includes:1Pcs Sand Blaster,1Pcs Steel Nozzle,1Pcs Air Quick Adapter,4Pcs Ceramic Nozzle
What is a sandblaster? and what does it do?
A sandblaster is a machine that uses high-pressure air to blast abrasive materials, such as sand, at high speeds. Sandblasting is a process that can be used to clean metal surfaces or to prepare them for painting or other finishes.
Sandblasting can also be used to create decorative patterns on metal surfaces. Sandblasters come in a variety of sizes and styles, and can be used for a variety of applications.
How to use a sandblaster?
Sandblasters are easy to use and require little setup. To use a sandblaster, you will need an air compressor, a blast cabinet, and abrasive media.
Sandblasting cabinets come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased or rented from hardware stores or online retailers.
Abrasive media is the material that will be used to blast the surface. Sandblasting media can be purchased from hardware stores or online retailers.
To set up your sandblaster, follow these steps:
- Attach the air compressor to the sandblaster.
- Pour the abrasive media into the blast cabinet.
- Turn on the air compressor and open the blast cabinet door.
- Place the object to be sandblasted inside the cabinet.
- Sandblast the object according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When finished, turn off the air compressor and close the blast cabinet door.
- Remove the object from the blast cabinet and clean up any abrasive media that has spilled.
The benefits of using a sandblaster
Sandblasting is a quick and easy way to remove rust, paint, or other debris from metal surfaces.
Sandblasting can also be used to prepare metal surfaces for painting or other finishes. it is a versatile process that can be used for a variety of applications.
The disadvantages of using a sandblaster
Sandblasting can be a messy process and it is important to take proper safety precautions. Sandblasting cabinets should be equipped with filters to minimize the amount of dust that is generated.
Sandblasting media can be harmful if inhaled, so it is important to wear a respirator when sandblasting. Sandblasting can also damage delicate surfaces, so it is important to use the proper blast media and settings for your project.
Different types of sandblasters
Sandblasters come in a variety of sizes and styles. The type of sandblaster you need will depend on the application. Sandblasters can be portable or stationary and can be used for a variety of applications.
Portable sandblasters are small, handheld sandblasters that can be used for a variety of tasks. Portable sandblasters are a great choice for small projects or for sandblasting in difficult-to-reach areas.
Stationary sandblasters are large, heavy-duty sandblasters that are designed for industrial applications. Stationary sandblasters are a great choice for large projects or for sandblasting in high-dust environments.
Sandblasting cabinets are enclosed sandblasting systems that can be used for a variety of applications. Sandblasting cabinets are a great choice for Sandblasting in high-dust environments or for large projects.
Tips for choosing the right sandblaster for your needs
When choosing a sandblaster, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- First, consider the size of the project you will be working on. Small projects can be completed with a portable sandblaster, while larger projects will require a stationary sandblaster.
- Second, consider the environment you will be Sandblasting in. Sandblasting in a high-dust environment will require a Sandblasting cabinet.
- Third, consider the type of media you will be using. Sandblasting media comes in a variety of sizes and can be made from a variety of materials. Choose the right Sandblasting media for your project to ensure the best results.
How to care for your sandblaster?
Sandblasters require minimal maintenance. Sandblasting cabinets should be equipped with filters to minimize the amount of dust that is generated.
Sandblasting media can be harmful if inhaled, so it is important to wear a respirator when sandblasting. Sandblasters should be stored in a dry, dust-free environment.
The Bottom Line
Sandblasters can be a great way to strip paint and rust off metal surfaces, but they can also be used for other purposes like etching designs into the glass or removing grime from concrete.
We’ve talked about the different types of sandblasters available and some of the things you can use them for. We hope you found this helpful! If you did, please share it with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading.