Are you trying to buy a new studio headphones for mixing and mastering but you can’t figure out which one is the best?
Don’t worry, Because our team has spent more than 50 hours researching, comparing, and testing the different options available in the market nowadays to be able to compile the following list of picks for the best studio headphones for mixing and mastering you can purchase right away from Amazon. The items are ranked from 1 to 10 based on many key points mentioned at the end of this article.
So without more ado … let’s Go!
Top 10 best studio headphones for mixing and mastering [Hand-Picked]
So that you can have a better vision of what to expect let’s go through the products we picked for you one by one and see the features that come with it in brief.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones, Black
$49.00 in stock
5 used from $45.08
- Advanced build quality and engineering Designed for studio tracking and mixing
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tune for enhanced low frequency performance
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Convenient single side cable exit Magnet neodymium Designed for studio tracking and mixing
beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones For Mixing, Mastering, and Editing
4 used from $144.53
- Open over-ear headphones, ideal for professional mixing, mastering and editing
- Perfect for studio applications thanks to their transparent, spacious, strong bass and treble sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship - Made in Germany
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m coiled cable)
beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones in Gray. Enclosed design, wired for professional recording and monitoring
1 used from $288.47
- Closed over-ear headphones, ideal for professional recording and monitoring
- Perfect for studio and stage recordings thanks to their pure, high-resolution sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship Made in Germany. Innovative bass reflex system
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m cable) . Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
OneOdio Monitor 60 Professional Studio Headphones - Recording Wired Over Ear Headphones, Hi-Res Audio, Soft Comfortable Earmuffs, 6.35mm (1/4") Adapter for Tracking Mixing DJ Mastering Broadcast
- Large Diaphragm: Monitor 60, with 50mm drivers, delivers extremely beautiful, well-balanced, and accurate sound across the frequency range so that you will hear every detail of music from accurate mids to crisp highs
- For Home&Studio: Monitor 60 supplies a 1.2m cable with mic for phone calls, a 3.5mm to 1/4" coiled adapter cable for studio use (especially monitoring and mixing), and also an extra-long audio cable for you to connect the TV easily
- High-Resolution Audio: Monitor 60 achieves high performance in revealing sound details without harshness. The sound is warmer, smoother, and crystal clear in whatever type of music.
- Comfort and Isolation: Breathable ear cushions are crafted to fit your ears, isolating noise and extending pleasure usage time at the same time. Steel headband provides just the right amount of tension and ensures durability. Easily adjustable for the optimum roomy fit.
- Compatibility: Available for PC, laptop, Phone, and Mac. With supplied cables, it works for most vocal microphones and acoustic instruments like guitar, violin, keyboards, and piano
AKG K240 Studio Semi-Open Over-Ear Professional Studio Headphones with Knox Gear Headphone Amplifier
- Perfect for studio professionals - Listening, mixing and mastering applications
- Over-Ear Design - Padded and envelope the ear / Comfortable Fit for long sessions
- Self-Adjusting headband to aid fit Single-Sided cable for easy use
- 3-meter Cable with convertible jack plug - Connect portable gear
- Bundle Includes Headphones and Amplifier
AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear, Semi-Open, Professional Studio Headphones
9 used from $49.32
- Professional studio headphones
- 3 m replaceable cable
- Audio Interface type: Stereo plug – 3.5mm (1/8-inch) with 6.3 mm (1/4”) screw-on adapter
AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire, Reference Studio Headphones
9 used from $300.00
- Over-ear design maximum wearing comfort for long work sessions
- Sophisticated open technology for spacious and airy sound without compromise
- Improved low-end performance by 3dB for more powerful sound imaging
- Revolutionary flat wire voice coil for incredible impulse and treble response
Tascam TH-MX2 Closed-Back Studio Mixing Headphones
- Lightweight and Closed Back Design
- Tightly-Stitched, Padded Headband and Ear Bands for Stylish Comfort
- 40mm Neodymium Magnet Driver
- Screw-on 1/8” (3.5mm) to 1/4” (6.3mm) Adapter and Leatherette Bag
- Cable Length: About 9.8ft (3m) when fully extended
beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Over-Ear Studio Headphone
1 used from $199.00
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Professional Studio Headphones. Semi-open, diffuse-field studio headphone. Analytical sound.
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction. Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable.
- Single-sided cable. Velour, circum-aural (around the ear) ear pads. Supplied in a nylon carrying case. Transmission type Wired. Headphone design (operating principle) Semi-open.
- Headphone design (operating principle) Semi-open. Headphone impedance 250 ohms. Headphone frequency response 5 - 35.000 Hz. Nominal sound pressure level 96 dB.
- Cable & plug Coiled connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & ¼“ adapter (6.35 mm). Net weight without packaging 295 g.
beyerdynamic DT 900 PRO X Open-Back Studio Headphones with Stellar.45 Driver for Mixing and Mastering on All Playback Devices
- Open-back studio headphones for critical listening, mixing & mastering with detailed, spacious and transparent sound
- Wide range of applications on all devices thanks to STELLAR.45 driver with an impedance of 48 ohms
- Superb wearing comfort with outstanding passive isolation
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship
- Sustainable headphones – made in Germany
We understand that it can be very hard to select your desired product, especially If there are hundreds and hundreds of brands, colors, and even items with nearly the same features.
Before you go ahead and purchase any item, we highly recommend that you check out the list of key factors we have given below because it will make the process of comparing and picking out the right product a bit easier.
Not only that, but we also have gone through a wide range of the studio headphones for mixing and mastering and spent hours and hours researching and comparing a variety of products in terms of specs, size, color, price, and much more.
Our research that is actually based on the same factors has helped us a lot to professionally select the 10 top-rated studio headphones for mixing and mastering which we have revealed and shared with you early on. All these options are great so you can’t go wrong with your purchase.
Let’s take a look at the key points.
How to pick out the right studio headphones for mixing and mastering for you?
Do you feel very stressed whenever you try to do some shopping online and attempt to pick a product from a huge selection of items offered in the marketplaces nowadays?. Do questions and doubts creep into your mind?
No worries. We got you covered and have done the whole process of comparing, researching, and selecting the greatest items for you. We’re confident we did a good job at finding convenient products for each and every individual or at least the majority of them.
But still, it’s important for you to do further research on studio headphones for mixing and mastering that you have considered buying. Here are some questions that you should ask yourself before getting a new product:
is the item I am buying worth the investment?
What features and benefits does it offer?
Why do I need to buy the studio headphones for mixing and mastering?
What budget I am willing to spend?
You might have more questions than that. Though, we think those are the most common ones that pop up in anyone’s mind. The only effective way to decide is to get as much information from reliable online sources as you possibly can.
Concerning the online sources you can check out:
- Some buying guides, reviews and articles talking about the product you want to buy, the features it contains and basically all the how-to’s about it.
- Video tutorials on Youtube for people who purchased the products and their experience with it.
- Word of mouth from your friends and family who already have got that particular item or a similar one.
- Check what do people say about the product on various online forums.
Using the most known and reputable sources will ensure you get your hands on the best studio headphones for mixing and mastering available on the current market and a great value for your money.
Since our goal is to provide the most authentic and objective buyer guides, we use both manual research and AI software to spot some amazing options available for what you’re looking for. Thus, we rely on a lot of factors that include and are not limited to the following ones:
1 – Brand value:
Every brand that sells studio headphones for mixing and mastering has to manufacture a unique product and come up with totally something in order to be able to compete and gain customers. Consequently, the popular brands might be expensive than the brand-new and not established ones.
2 – Features:
It gives you a better understanding of the material, software, and technologies used to produce the item which is great because you can rely on that to figure out whether the product is going to do the job for you or not.
3 – Product value:
This is a metric that measures how much bang for the buck you get when you purchase your studio headphones for mixing and mastering.
4 – Customer Reviews:
This is simply the number of people who have purchased the product and rated their experience. This is very important for you to collect some useful thoughts about the item you would like to purchase.
5 – Customer Ratings:
It might seem like it’s similar to the aforementioned factor but it’s not. There is a small difference, the customer ratings is a grade given to the product based on the average rating provided by real-world users who have bought the studio headphones for mixing and mastering.
6 – Product Quality:
When it comes to the quality of product, you need to remember that you don’t get what you pay for, sometimes less and other times even more.
7 – Product Reliability:
Whenever you talk about reliability you definitely end up measuring how durable a product is. In fact, How long it will be working out for you.
Disco Santiago’s goal is to provide the most objective guides to help you as a buyer therefore, we always make sure all the content and information provided is up to date. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
To sum things up finding the best studio headphones for mixing and mastering that suits your needs is not difficult when you have a clear vision about what do you need exactly and the list of factors to take into account.
That’s it for today’s topic, we hope you’ve enjoyed reading it. If Yes we wonder if you can share it.
Otherwise, stay awesome (: